Post Labels

Sunday, July 28, 2013

A New Age of VR: Omni and Occulus Rift



So my brother was kind enough to tip me off to this kickstarter project for the Omni, a VR movement apparatus. It can be used with the Occulus Rift to create a very realistically engaging game experience. I have almost no interest in playing Skyrim after I sank hours of my life into Oblivion (funny how that phrase works out so perfectly), but I would actually play it with this if for nothing other than the exercise. The Skyrim world is unbelievably big and navigating it on foot would be a blast compared to running a treadmill. And while you're at it you might as well rob a whole town, run from the cops and slay a dragon. Crazy excited to see this become a widely supported consumer product.

No comments:

Post a Comment