Post Labels

Monday, May 13, 2013

Eldar Rumors 2013.5.13: Behold the Shuriken!...y'know, maybe...



"via BoLS 5-13-2013 
Word has reached us of two divergent schools of though for the latest codex shuriken family, and the jury is still out on which one was ultimately selected. Both are highly divergent from the short-ranged 12" S:4 AP:5 Assault 2 weapon we have now (oh those poor, poor Guardians). Here we go folks: 

 OPTION A: The Bane of Flesh 
 Shuriken Pistol 12" S:4 AP5 Pistol, Fleshbane 
Shuriken Catapult 18" S:4 AP5 Assault 2, Fleshbane 
Dire Avenger Shuriken Catapult 24" S:4 AP:5 Assault 2, Fleshbane 
Shuriken Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Assault 3, Fleshbane 
Shuriken Shreiker Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Assault 3, Fleshbane, Poison(4+), Pinning 

OPTION B: The Rain of Shuriken 
Shuriken Pistol 12" S:4 AP5 Pistol 
Shuriken Catapult 18" S:4 AP5 Salvo2/4 
Dire Avenger Shuriken Catapult 24" S:4 AP:5 Salvo 2/4 
Shuriken Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Salvo 3/6 
Shuriken Shreiker Cannon 24" S:6 AP:5 Salvo 3/6, Poison(4+), Pinning"

Oh god, the first one! Make it for first one for the love of Khaine (and the bloody-handed hate of all primitive Monkeigh)! Considering Eldar were given assault weapons in the first place to make them more mobile than the old way rapid fire worked I would not discount that unbelievable profile yet. Best rumor yet!

Edit: Both of these seem pretty unlikely on second thought. The first would be OP in the extreme and the second goes against the Eldar being a mobile force. Still, I'm drooling looking at the first one.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah option A would be amazing, even though Poison on the shrieker is useless since Fleshbane already wounds on 2+. It might make the units wielding shurikens more expensive though (worth it imo!).

    The salvo rules kinda suck, especially for a mobile army. I really hope it doesn't go this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poison wouldn't be useless because you always wound on the best available chance. Then if the target's toughness is equal to less than the strength of the weapon you can reroll failed rolls. So on anything up to T6 you'd wound on 2s and reroll 1s. It's sort of overkill, but they're really rare weapons anyway.

      Option A is just like Dark Eldar but better. That's the main reason I'm doubting it. Surely I don't have to tell GW how many DA and GJB kits that profile would sell though...

      Delete
  2. Yeah I forgot about the reroll part of poison.
    And you're right, both of these options do seem unrealistic.
    Still, it's nice to see some rumors floating around even without Naftka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a chance to check my rulebook before work, but I saw somewhere that someone said the rerolls are for melee only. I'm going to check that out tonight though. That's a useful rules interaction to be aware of. I had thought it was for shooting or melee, but that there weren't any poison weapons with strength profiles.

      And yeah I miss Natfka's blog =( He was doing a great job of filtering rumors that were probably crap. For my part, until I have the Eldar codex in my hands, I have no standards haha. I'm so excited about this codex, even considering obvious lies is fun.

      Delete