Post Labels

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Phil Kelly Writing the 6th Ed. Eldar Codex?


Seems there have been some rumors that Phil Kelly wrote the new book after all. Posted originally on Faeit 212.

I remember hearing a long while ago that he specifically did not want to do the next book because he would be competing with his own work. Or something to that effect. If the rumors are true though, I'll be really glad for it because I like the way the Dark Eldar turned out. There are lots of fun, flavorful, powerful options in that book. I feel like Kelly has a good grasp of what Eldar ought to be like and I'm (mostly) confident he'll do them justice once again.

I must confess, however, that his treatment of my beloved daemon weapons in the new CSM book does worry me a little. Those were a big disappointment to me.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he'd rather not do it, but I think there's a big upside to him writing the new eldar codex. He knows what he intended with the last one and he has seen what worked and what didn't, so hopefully that can help him produce a solid codex this time around.
    At the very least, based on his most recent work, we can expect a fairly balanced codex with lots of different competitive options, even if some units get left out somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do pay attention to what has worked, practically speaking, and what has not. Fire Prisms combining fire is a neat idea until you spend 230 points and 2 HS slots to shoot one blast that misses. Then the tanks spend the rest of the game shaken, wrecked or with a blown up turret. I can see what he intended, but I think the actual effect is unimpressive.

      And yeah his last books are balanced nicely. DE, CSM and CD really are cool books. Of them I like CSM the least, but I think that's mostly because I liked the old CSM where they had more daemonic stuff. These days they appear to want you allying that stuff in.

      Delete